Do I need to upgrade?

Dick Jones

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Hello all,
I'm new to the world of building and modifying PCs. I recently bought this computer

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Ultra Desktop - AMD FX-Series - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black/Blue
Hard Drive Capacity1024 gigabytes
Hard Drive TypeSATA
Operating SystemWindows 10
Processor BrandAMD
Processor Speed3.8 gigahertz
Processor ModelAMD FX-Series
System Memory (RAM)8 gigabytes
Wireless NetworkingNone
Cache Memory4 megabytes
Media Card ReaderNo
System Memory RAM Expandable To16 gigabytes
Type of Memory (RAM)DDR3
Number Of Memory Slots2
System Memory RAM Speed1600 megahertz
Internal
Hard Drive RPM7200 revolutions per minute
Number Of Internal 3.5" Bays4
Number Of PCI Slots1
Number Of PCI-E x1 Slots1
Number Of PCI-E x16 Slots1
Expansion Slots1 PCI Express x1, 1 PCI
Connectivity
Number Of Auxiliary Outputs2
Number Of HDMI Outputs1
Number Of USB Port(s)6
Number Of VGA Ports1
Port Type(s)HDMI, DVI, VGA, USB, Ethernet, PS/2
Number Of DVI Ports1
Number Of PS/2 Ports1

I've read reports that the PSU's are no good.. I currently only use it for playing LOL and some other video games that aren't to computer taxing. Do you think I should upgrade the PSU now or do I have time before an upgrade is needed? I don't want to have my computer fried as I just recently purchased it. Also which PSU would be the best bet when I do decide to upgrade?

Thanks

You haven't listed what power supply was included. For what purpose would you be upgrading? What does your PC not do well now that you would like to improve?

If the power supply fails in the near future, I imagine your warranty would cover fixing it.

You'll probably have to open the side and look. My opinion: if it's working properly, don't mess with it. Address any crashes when they come. You have a warrantied OEM PC, and it's probably unwise to void the warranty right away.