Internet connections disconnects and then reconnects after about 2 minutes on Windows startup

turab1996

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014
Hey There,

I recently installed an Asus motherboard and everything seems to be working fine except for the ethernet connection. I am not sure if this is a hardware or a software issue, but I think it can be fixed somehow.

Whenever my Windows start, the internet connection logo displays that I am connected to the internet. Then after about 8 seconds, I hear the notification sound of something connecting to the computer and this is where I get the yellow sign next to the connection and my internet stops working. Then after a few seconds, the internet logo goes back to connection state, but my internet still does not work. After around a minute and a half, the internet starts working, but clicking the internet logo says "No Internet".

http://imgur.com/8Q9YuxN

Also, when I check my network settings, I see two connections.

http://imgur.com/ZopNArd

The second one just shows the label "Properties" and a copy button. I am sure there is a quick solution to this.

Thanks for reading.

turab1996

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014

I am using internet driver from Asus' website.

turab1996

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014

Only two connections, one for lan and one for xbone wireless controllers. I already reinstalled the internet one and it didn't work :/

turab1996

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014

I am using the xbox one wireless adaptor for wireless controller. It worked fine on my previous build and it didn't interfere with my internet connection.

For the internet, I have an ethernet connection on Asus Maximus VIII Hero with the drivers installed. I will check in with the related settings on the second Internet connection when I get back home.

Please let me know if there is any other thing I can try. This problem is really annoying.

turab1996

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014

I can try starting up my pc with the device disconnected. I will let you know asap what happens

Thanks for the quick response.