Picking a new monitor, need help.

velzelvul

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
Hi everyone!
I've got fed up with stutters and tears in games and weird stutter in some scenes in movies when some big object moves across the screen and decided to get a new panel but the problem is that I know next to nothing about displays and I live in a place where you can't just go pawing 120 Hz panels because our retailers don't have expensive displays.
So can anybody explain what parameters I should be looking for while shopping for a display cause my head is already spinning with all the info and opinions.
What I'm looking for is NO stutter! never ever again! while playing movies and shows (I don't own a TV so I watch everything on my PC) and gaming.
I have my eye on Asus ROG PG279Q but I'm not sure if it would give me a flawless picture in movies (I mean this stuttering while something big crosses the screen - not sure if it's a motion blur or some kind of display matrix lag - I'm using an IPS Dell panel with 6-8 ms response time). Which type of display I should get to eliminate this thing? Should I get some TN with 1 ms response time or something or it will be just fine on Asus ROG PG279Q which have an IPS matrix with 4 ms response?
Also I wanted to ask if it makes sense getting a 144 Hz display if I'm gonna be using a GTX 1070 hence I'm gonna be getting only 70-90 FPS at 2560*1440 or 120-144 Hz displays are better left for hi end systems which can give 120 FPS at that resolution?
Thanks in advance.

Solution
i got a AOC G2260VWQ6, and love it. Standard resolution 1920x1080 @ 75hz, 1ms response time which is perfect for gaming and its on the cheaper side (at least at the shop where i got it from).
Didnt experience any stuttering from games or movies that was caused by the monitor.
I highly recommend it.

Kenneth Barker

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
You really should consider a G-Sync display with the 1070. The variable refresh tech makes a big difference when it comes to smoothness of gameplay. Even in cases where the FPS are much lower. It really smooths things out when games have large highs and lows during game play.

Seriously, do it. I would get a good solid 1440P Gsync display. Many of them have refresh rates all the way to 144hz, but anything around 100hz is good in my mind.

velzelvul

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
I was gonna buy a g sync panel, of course. The question what worries me is whether I should get a TN or a IPS panel for a flawless movie experience. I don't know what cause that stutter in some scenes - is it slow response or the problem is in cheaper matrix and it's gonna be ok on an expensive panel. I'd rather get IPS, of course, because I use my PC as a TV set.

NoPuhi

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
i got a AOC G2260VWQ6, and love it. Standard resolution 1920x1080 @ 75hz, 1ms response time which is perfect for gaming and its on the cheaper side (at least at the shop where i got it from).
Didnt experience any stuttering from games or movies that was caused by the monitor.
I highly recommend it.

Solution