No Internet Connection After Upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

RockGaines29

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Asus P8Z77-V motherboard
Intel Core i5-3470 CPU
8 GB RAM
Intel 240 GB SSD (Windows lives here)
2 x 320 GB Hitachi HDD (one for photos, music, docs; one has video stored)
2 TB Western Digital Blue HDD (for storing TV shows)
700 W Power Supply
Hauppauge Colossus TV tuner card
AMD Radeon R7 2 GB HD Video card
Asus RT66-AC Wireless Router with 4 ports and 1 ethernet port
Comcast SMC D3GNV Gateway in bridge mode. All routing handled by the Asus router.

Hi, there! My PC is running Windows 7 Home Premium. Microsoft invited me to upgrade to Windows 10 for free months ago. I have tried 5 times to upgrade, and each time I cannot connect to the internet. The status to both ethernet and wireless connections is "no internet". My other 3 Windows 10 computers can connect to the internet just fine.

I have downloaded and installed Windows 10 updates for the motherboard, the NICs, and the Colossus, and the video card. When I run ipconfig, there's no ip address, default gateway. It looks like the PC and the router are not exchanging any ip info that would allow access to the internet.

I found driver failure messages from event viewer this morning. It appears that part of the driver is missing, but I don't know how to fix it. I will send screen shots if needed.

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Sorry I didn't update this earlier after I found the solution. Here's the fix:

Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Sharing Center. Under "View your active networks", click on the Network Adapter you're using (Ethernet in my case). The Ethernet Status window will come up. Click on Properties.

Under "This connection uses the following items:", Make sure only these are checked:

Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder
Link-Layer Topology DISCOVERY Mapper I/O Driver

When I updated to Windows 10, and because Windows was installed on my Solid-State...

Colif

Win 11 Master
see here for latest Intel lan drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/52963/Intel-82579V-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY
Not sure who supplies your wifi on motherboard.

Could run a program like driver booster to see what you are missing but I wouldn't trust it download the updates, just see what drivers it sees are old and see if you can find the files yourself. Hard to install anything without internet to dl it from anyway...

RockGaines29

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Sorry I didn't update this earlier after I found the solution. Here's the fix:

Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Sharing Center. Under "View your active networks", click on the Network Adapter you're using (Ethernet in my case). The Ethernet Status window will come up. Click on Properties.

Under "This connection uses the following items:", Make sure only these are checked:

Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Microsoft LLDP Protocol Driver
Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder
Link-Layer Topology DISCOVERY Mapper I/O Driver

When I updated to Windows 10, and because Windows was installed on my Solid-State drive, the ANOD Network Security Filter Driver was automatically checked. Once I unchecked this, I was able to get onto the Internet!

Solution