Are armrests really good for gaming?

RakeRoy

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I had a plastic chair with 2 cushions tucked on it before. I just got a new chair with Arm rests on it. I was WAY better with the old chair in the games. I use low sensitivity in the games and changing that is not an option. The arm rests nerf my whole arm. I can't even move them freely while tracking a target which gives me poorer performance in the game. I'm thinking of breaking the damn thing. I heard that pro players use Arm rests too. Is it really true? Do pro PC players really use it? I can't even move my mouse upwards or downwards using the armrest. Help is appreciated

GameableXP

Reputable
Jun 20, 2016
since you said that you didn't use arm rests in the first place, I would recommend not to use arm rests. I don't use arm rests myself, instead my wrist lies on my desk, but I don't do a lot of competitive gaming. For you, I would recommend something like a thin wrist pad to keep your wrist above your table, but if you prefer not using arm rests or anything, just stick with what you had in the first place.

RakeRoy

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
The thing is, I just bought the chair. I used to use a plastic chair in the past with 2 cushions stuffed on it. No way am I ever going back on it. I don't have any other good chair that is set according to the height of the table. I'm thinking of getting the right arm rest cut.

RakeRoy

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I do a lot of competitive gaming and I found out that I am missing shots so much and I cannot even move my mouse forward or backward. the movement is restricted to left and right only

GameableXP

Reputable
Jun 20, 2016

that's what I meant by go back to what you started with. Before you do that see if you could dissasemble the armrests cleanly before you get it cut off.
Glad I could help!