Which monitor that is 1440p or higher should I get (under $300)? I have a few in mind.

Solution
Good luck! My advice is to not move it around and unplug the input connector much. That may have contributed to what killed the internal board as I moved the monitor from room to room between a gaming and productivity PC.

Of course that was over two years ago, so maybe now Crossover has upped their quality. Since I still have that monitor (Crossover model 27QW) as the manufacturer never asked for it back, I'm tempted to gamble $50 and get another board for it off eBay and see if I can get it working again.

I had a nightmare experience with a 27" Crossover 1440p monitor purchased from a Korean vendor on Amazon. It crapped out just inside the 90 day warranty and was a bad board. They tried to offer a replacement board, which I refused and demanded a replacement monitor. They refused. I then filed a complaint case to Amazon and got my money back from Amazon's guaranteed seller refund (I had the highest rated review on my review of this monitor and experience on Amazon, which since is no longer available nor is my review). I decided to drop more than twice as much on a Dell 27" 1440p and have been happy ever since.

Keep in mind these Korean knock offs of B-panels made by LG and Samsung are a gamble. They are cheap for a reason: cheap controller boards and little calibration and screen setting options (and limited input connection options). With that said, on NewEgg reviews, QNIX monitors score higher in review ratings than Crossover. I'd go with QNIX if I were ever again to take that dice roll.

Worm20

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
So I decided to take the gamble and go with the Crossover monitor just because it was so cheap. I have it now and it looks and works great so far, so I'm hoping it stays that way. Thanks.

Good luck! My advice is to not move it around and unplug the input connector much. That may have contributed to what killed the internal board as I moved the monitor from room to room between a gaming and productivity PC.

Of course that was over two years ago, so maybe now Crossover has upped their quality. Since I still have that monitor (Crossover model 27QW) as the manufacturer never asked for it back, I'm tempted to gamble $50 and get another board for it off eBay and see if I can get it working again.

Solution

Worm20

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

Thanks. To me it seems like its better quality in almost every way from the old one that I purchased before.