Corsair Vengeance. Can I Mix Blue and Black??

Nitro192

Distinguished
I am about to upgrade my rig from 8GB to 16GB. I currently have two sticks of the Black Corsair shown below. I noticed the other colours and seeing as the timings match up as well as the frequency etc etc. They are identical it seems but I wanted to ask the community first. Do you think there will be any problems mixing and matching these Rams. Say two black and two blue?

zja52a.png

Even memory modules of the exact same kind are not guaranteed to work together. The only guaranteed way to get 2 (or 4) modules to work together is to buy them in a kit.

That being said, you are *probably* fine doing this. But there is a chance it will not work.

Nitro192

Distinguished

Off hand if you had to take a random guess. What would you say the likeliness is that all 4 sticks would work together. how many times out of 100 would you say there is an issue buying ram separately?

Epicness937

Honorable
BANNED
just a idea i ran 16 gb on my amd fx 6300 system with a 2x4 hyperx red and 2x4 hyperx black and it worked fine
really getting two more sticks of black is just as likely to work as two more sticks of blue as they are identical in every way but color

This is a complete guess and by no means accurate, but if I were a betting man I'd put my money that there's a 90% chance it will work fine.