urgent - Will Windows 10 brightness adjustment be equivalent to adjusting via monitor's OSD ?

zertixnet

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
On a modern 27 inch monitor ( Iiyama ProLite ) will changing the brightness/contrast from within Windows 10's be the same as if changing these via the monitor's dedicated buttons/osd ?

In other words can windows control the monitor's brightness functionality via the video cable ? I am talking about the actual monitor brightness not some software overlay trick.

Here is the monitor's specs ProLite B2783QSU-B1

The monitor has no dedicated software.

I have not yet tested with a monitor ( hence this thread ) but I am testing with an attached projector. It seems that Windows 10's brightness slider does not affect the attached projector's brightness, however adjusting the setting in the Nvidia Control Panel program does change the projector's brightness.

Solution
According to this, there should be a slider under the monitor in display adapters screen: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/dd4fa9d7-56bb-4cd4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

But their instructions on how to fix the missing slider might only apply to AMD as on an Nvidia card its not there and I know I have latest drivers, so you may need to use the brightness slider available in the Nvidia control panel.

Windows relies on the display adapter, which is your card. So just use the card settings, I don't think either controls the OSD, they just mess with signal sent to display.

Colif

Win 11 Master
According to this, there should be a slider under the monitor in display adapters screen: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/dd4fa9d7-56bb-4cd4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

But their instructions on how to fix the missing slider might only apply to AMD as on an Nvidia card its not there and I know I have latest drivers, so you may need to use the brightness slider available in the Nvidia control panel.

Windows relies on the display adapter, which is your card. So just use the card settings, I don't think either controls the OSD, they just mess with signal sent to display.

Solution