21:9 Monitor - Taskbar Issues

cshaughnessy

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Yet a new taskbar issue. Operating a laptop (16:9 aspect ratio) with a second LG ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio monitor. Taskbars are set to show up on both screens and screens are set to "extended." Intermittently, when I move the mouse cursor over the taskbar on the laptop (main screen) the taskbar jumps from the bottom to about a third of the way up the screen and resizes to much smaller. Nothing else on the screen changes. Everything, including the taskbar, remains functional. I can't drag it back down, but if I right click and change properties such that it shows up on the side, or top, it resizes to the right size, and then I can reset it to the bottom and it is normal size again. It is almost lide the taskbar thinks that it needs to move to a 21:9 aspect ratio and be sized accordingly, but nothing else does that. This does NOT happen when only operating the laptop with no second monitor so it is definitely related to the second monitor somehow. And I never saw this when I had a second monitor that was also 16:9 aspect ratio.

I can find no posts, anywhere, that are similar - any help would be appreciated.