Optical Drive using USB-to-SATA Adapter produces Code 43

papf

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Hi!

I recently got a powered USB 3.0 to SATA adapter for using my internal BluRay drive externally. According to Amazon reviews this works at least for most users.

The device shows up in the Windows 10 device manager as an Unknown USB Device with an Error Code 43. The USB port works just fine with other devices.

KayVp26.png

I have now tried probably all fixes I found online, including uninstalling and reinstalling the device, adding some registry entries, turning off fast startup, etc.

Only once the device actually showed up as a SCSI disk drive. However, it was still not usable and it was once again not recognized after the next reboot.

At this point I mainly want to know whether this is just an unfixable compatibility issue and I should just return the adapter.

Thanks!

papf

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

First of all thanks for the quick reply!

I have already tried the posted solution.

The BluRay drive is a "Lite-On iHOS104-37 3", the adapter is branded "CSL". I have found no drivers for the drive or the adapter.

papf

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

My first language is German, so no problem there.

Unfortunately there is no driver for my adapter (Model Nr. 44654) available.

What I have found while looking for solutions is that these kinds of adapters generally do not need any drivers. I'm not completely sure about that, though.

Thanks!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Perhaps you should ask CSL, if drive works fine when inside case and only plays up outside, the cable should be only difference. One search I saw on these types of cables points at them not having enough power. error 43 isn't specific enough to tell us what is actual cause, just something went wrong.

I can't see anything here: http://www.liteonodd.com/en/service-support/faq.html

You could try updating your motherboard drivers including chipset and USB. Perhaps even the bios.