Windows freezes randomly. Reset button doesnt work.

Cribbuh

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Hello,

My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on me. I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me. I've tried switching HDD's, reinstalling Windows 10. Tested my ram with Memtest for 8 hours, no issues. Tested HDD's no bad sectors found. I've used HWinfo64 to check the voltages and temperatures they seem to be fine even under full Prime95 torture tests spiking around 75 to 79 degrees Celsius under full burn.

My setup:

ASUS Maximus VII Ranger
Intel Core i5-4670k (not overclocked)
8GB DDR3 RAM - 2 x 4GB CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
ASUS DRW-24F1ST drive
1TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ
1TB SEAGATE ST1000DM003-1ER162
MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970
Creative Soundblaster Z
PSU OCZ600MXSP
Watercooling Corsair H80i
LCD Fan-controller BitFenix
CoolerMaster HAFX case

I must say the options the motherboard has listed in the BIOS, are overwhelming. Tons of options and features which are all set to "auto". No idea if this contributes to the freezing. It's not something that was present before. It started happening about 4 weeks ago. Nothing has changed in my setup.
I even started thinking about the humidity in the air causing system instability so I turned on a DE-humidifier to no avail.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Cribbuh

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
I seem to have fixed it by turning off Intel SpeedStep and C-States. I have not seen any freezes what so ever since I posted here and disabled Intel SpeedStep and C-States.

peaceduke

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014

I have same issues , can you please give me some advice ?

x99 deluxe , 5820k , 32gb corsair ram 2666 , intel 256 ssd , 1050 gtx , bios is updated

I have ramdom freezes , and even restart button is freezed ...

" turning off Intel SpeedStep and C-States" how to do that ? I tried bios defaults but still freezes
but it freezes once in 3-4 days , it's annoying anyway ...