Stereo system not being recognized

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014
I have a Sony Mini Hi-Fi component system (model number MHC-EC99i) and it has a Pc input jack. When i put the Pc input jack into the stereo and into my pcs headphone jack, nothing happens. It doesn't register the stereo at all and it used to work with windows 7 so im not sure if this is just a windows 10 thing. Any ideas out there?

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014
I checked the playback and all it showed was my headset which is the default device. I have tried unplugging it then plugging in the stereo system and no luck. I also have a tv connected via HDMI but im not sure if that would cause any problems.

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014

They all seem to be up to date.

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014

Empty lol

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014

I used the front port

So no matter what you use you can not get any audio from the stereo, but headphones did work?

For some reason or another Windows does not seem to have even detected your sound card.

Do you see any devices with hidden and disconnected devices shown?
Right click to check if hidden and disconnected devices are showing or not.
9k5uld.jpg

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014

Both are checked and still nothing. Its like the stereo stole my PC's cookie or something :p

The thing is the computer can not even tell what the stereo is. It just sends analog audio to whatever is connected to the other end of that 3.5mm jack(could be headphones/speakers/stereo/another computer).

Showing disconnected devices should at the least show your audio outputs.

When I am next on that system, I will enable onboard audio to see if I get a similar result. I have reaktek onboard that is disabled because of my sound card.

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014

ok so i unplugged my USB headphones and tried all of the headphone analog jacks. all on my computer and on both of my tvs and nothing there worked either. My computer seems to only accept USB audio.

Sgtjacques

Honorable
May 11, 2014

I have Cyborg F.R.E.Q.5 gaming headset and Nvidia virtual audio device that show up there