Windows Event ID 41 after every shutdown?

Velmonte

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Hello,

I've recently upgraded my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything performs fine for me so far. The one big difference I'm noticing is how fast my PC shuts down on 10 compared to when it was on 8.1. This happens when I shut my pc down the correct way, right-clicking start menu and navigating to the shutdown option.

In my event logs there is a "Windows event ID 41 Kernel-Power" error every time I reboot my PC.

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

My PC starts up perfectly fine and I get no error messages. This only shows up in the logs. Is this a known issue with windows 10 or is there a known fix for this? I'd appreciate any help you could provide me.

Solution
Gigabyte have a utility you can use that updates the drivers for you, you just need to look up motherboard model on their web site, and download the utility. It may even update the bios for you from within windows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you got latest motherboard drivers? When was last time you updated the bios?

I try not to look in event viewer, too many errors :)

I figure if win 10 going to create errors based on its own operations I am going to just ignore it until it throws a BSOD at me.

Velmonte

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014

I have not tried to update my motherboard drivers yet as I'm not sure of the safest way to go about it. I'll admit I'm afraid to try it as I've read horror stories about how risky it is. I'm using a Gigabyte motherboard.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Gigabyte have a utility you can use that updates the drivers for you, you just need to look up motherboard model on their web site, and download the utility. It may even update the bios for you from within windows.

Solution