Graphics Card Core Clock And Memory Clock At Lowest MHz (NEED HELP!!!!)

JonathanT_

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
I've recently built my first computer and everything was working perfectly until today, I've had my computer working for a week and one day, i was playing league of legends then suddenly my frames dropped, i downloaded GPU-Z to check my core clock and the max says 1071.0 MHz yet my core clock is running at the lowest, 135.0 MHz and my memory clock is also running at the lowest 202.5 instead of the max 1350.0 MHz. I have dusted my graphics card and checked my wiring, looks like there is nothing wrong but there obviously is a problem if its running at the lowest, anything helps, thank you!

JonathanT_

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

i tried clicking the Nvidia control panel but all it says is "Nvidia display settings are not available"

nvm i had to switch my monitor cable to my graphics card, but i changed it to maximum performance and nothing changed

daytek85

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
I'm having a problem with my MSI r7 370 armor 2x card where the clock speed fluctuates between 925 and 1020 under load, unless this is normal. I've had driver crashes too so it makes me wonder if something is funky.

Fluctuations are normal with modern cards. They have a base load clock, and a sort of turbo mode, and depending on the temps and power draw, they'll fluctuate between those clocks.

I'd try to reinstall the drivers next.

JonathanT_

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

I can try but i accidentally snapped my wire in my stock fan so ill check back with you on sunday but thanks for the tips!