my new gaming pc becomes slow ...

swarnava dey

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
hi friends . as u can see my problem is regarding my new build gaming pc . it's few moths old . but from now it has become slow . my specs
i5 6500
gigabyte b150m d3h motherboard
8gb gskill ram
zotac gtx 970 4gb
seasonic 520w psu
1tb wd hdd
windows 10 os ,,
i don't know why it has become slow . whenever i am trying to refresh even ,, it stops responding and after that with a single click the screen goes black and comes back within 5-7 seconds . why this things are happening . i have having windows defender along with cc cleaner . and another problem is about disk usage showing 99 % -100% sometimes . when i am playing cod advance warfare it hangs up sometimes even the settings are at high only and not at ultra . please help me out guys ?

Solution
air conditioning, in your house :)

my case has 3 x 180mm fans as intake and 1 x 120mm fan as outtake, no hot air stays inside my case for long unless its summer.

swarnava dey

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
another ting regarding the temp ,, my gpu goes upto 59-60 degree celsius when gaming and at normal it is 39 - 40 .. and also sometiems the cpu usage is showing more than it is needed . while gaming specially ,,, i also ppla online games like mw2

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you updated graphics card drivers?

when you say you try to refresh, what are you refreshing?

If it were PSU I would think it would turn off PC, not turn screen off/on again so it would appear it stops sending a signal and screen just turns off

swarnava dey

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
i have my gpu drivers updated already ,, why it hangs little while playing more than an hour not in all games ,, but in cod advance warfare ,,,and sometimes in mw2 when i am playing multiplayer ,, the iw4play launcher stops responding ,,, another yhing ,, is playing online games harms my pc ?

bramahon

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Hi Swarnava, if this "slowness" you're talking about only appears while gaming then it's probably driver related. The best thing you can do imo is to perform a clean gfx driver installation, use a tool like DriverSweeper if necessary. Also monitor your temps on both CPU and GPU to check out if any throttling going on.

I'm no expert of on-line games but I don't think they 'harm' your system in anyways!

JanHyka

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Do you hear that... du-dim, di-dum (sorry, I know it's lame, don't know how to describe it) sound on device disconnect/reconnect when you get those black screens? Not sure what's the cause but it almost sounds like some component is giving up... check windows event log, there might be some clues. Are the screens just black or they report no signal? How is the screen connected to gfx card? get gpu-z, keep it running and check just after the black screen if there are any spikes in the graph on that. Also open Resource Monitor and check those 100% disk load spikes to see what is causing them. Hm, can't think of anything better, sorry.

swarnava dey

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
hey guys ,, after running ccleaner ,, the issue is solved ,, the monitor does'nt turn off actually but it goes and comes back as happens when the pc hangs up . i am optimizing my drives ,, and about drivers thoug hi have the latest updated i will try to reinstall them and see if anything goes wrong ,,,, while playing cod advance warfare for more than an hour sometimes it bottlenecks and becomes slow ,, i don't know if the issue is with the game it self or not ... i use to get about 100 fps in this game ,, at high settinsg but my antianalisign is at low ... then also it make problems .