acer xb270hu only 120hz?

Damagepersec

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
no option above 120hz, also if i choose desktop refresh rate above 60 hz, screen goes black. in games its fine it gets to 120hz no problem. the games that do not support it tho have to be windowed or the screen will go black.
i use gold plated displayport , and r9 290
(yes i am planning on ugradingJ i am using the driver that i got from the web

Solution
Not necessarily, AMD doesn't do a very good job of listing potential resolutions and frequencies, so I have no idea what is supported or not. The GPU might just not output above 120Hz, though I doubt that.

Displayport cable might not support the specificiation depending on which revision it is, gold plating is meaningless unless you live next to the ocean or jungle, then it is not a bad idea to prevent corrosion.

A clean sweep of the drivers for both monitor and GPU is about all that is left to try if you haven't.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not necessarily, AMD doesn't do a very good job of listing potential resolutions and frequencies, so I have no idea what is supported or not. The GPU might just not output above 120Hz, though I doubt that.

Displayport cable might not support the specificiation depending on which revision it is, gold plating is meaningless unless you live next to the ocean or jungle, then it is not a bad idea to prevent corrosion.

A clean sweep of the drivers for both monitor and GPU is about all that is left to try if you haven't.

Solution