How to save make a backup of my windows from SSD to HDD

Bernardo Freitas

Reputable
Jul 4, 2014
So I got an SSD but im not really confident on it surviving too long, I've read reviews saying the same model died on them in less than 3 months (I know, should have read the reviews before I bought it but thats not important here). So I have windows installed on my SSD but I want to have a backup of it on my HDD in case the SSD dies. Just a simple copy so that I wont have to do the installation all over and not be able to use my computer in case the SSD dies. How do I do it?

Solution
You can make a backup IMAGE as well as a restore DISC/USB using something like:

a) WD drive attached-> Acronis True Image Free (WD site)

b) Seagate drive attached-> DiscWard Free (same program as above)

You can then choose the 2nd from top compression level (top is pointless as it saves very little space but takes a lot longer). If your SSD fails then buy a new one, install, attach HDD and boot to the RESTORE disc.

*I recommend buying Acronis True Image then have it setup to do a weekly backup. I have mine make a full, then a few incrementals, then it DELETES everything after it starts the first new one in the chain. I always have a backup from no more than one week out.

You can also backup certain folders DAILY using SyncbackSE Free.
You can make a backup IMAGE as well as a restore DISC/USB using something like:

a) WD drive attached-> Acronis True Image Free (WD site)

b) Seagate drive attached-> DiscWard Free (same program as above)

You can then choose the 2nd from top compression level (top is pointless as it saves very little space but takes a lot longer). If your SSD fails then buy a new one, install, attach HDD and boot to the RESTORE disc.

*I recommend buying Acronis True Image then have it setup to do a weekly backup. I have mine make a full, then a few incrementals, then it DELETES everything after it starts the first new one in the chain. I always have a backup from no more than one week out.

You can also backup certain folders DAILY using SyncbackSE Free.

Solution