GTX 1070 - MSI vs ASUS vs eVGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Good afternoon all,

I have done a bit of reading on all of the reviews I could find for the various GTX 1070 cards from the board partners I am interested in; MSI, ASUS, and eVGA. I currently own a MSI GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme and have had no issues since day one so the GTX 1070 Gaming X from MSI is at the top of my list. I used to only purchase from eVGA which is why I am considering them but from the articles I have read it seems like their cooler is a bit weaker when compared to the MSI and ASUS brands. I have never owned an ASUS card but I have an ASUS Mobo and have had no issues as well.

From what I have gathered, it seems like the all of the cards perform about the same but the MSI card has a slight advantage in the noise and temperature arena. Noise is at the top of my priority list and thermals is a close third. I do not believe there has been a review where all three of the board partner cards have been tested from a single source so it is hard to tell if one stands out. What do you guys and gals think? Right now I am leaning towards the MSI card, with the ASUS card following closely and the eVGA card lagging behind.

Thanks for any input.

Kjeld_

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
110% recommend the MSI card they have almost alwasy the best aircooling on them and a good but stable oc on them so go for msi

Joviii

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I was in the same boat myself and decided to go with the Asus, from everything I could see it got a crazy good boost clock and the temps were really good. I do also like the rgb lighting

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Thanks again for all of the replies. I pulled the trigger and went with the ASUS card. I had narrowed it down to the MSI or ASUS card and even though the MSI card seems to cool some of the power components a bit better (the cooler comes directly in contact with some of the MOSFets) I am not the biggest fan of the aesthetics of the card plus I have an ASUS motherboard so the matching components satisfies my CDO.

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
From what I have seen, it looks like the MSI and ASUS cards are neck and neck for the acoustics crown with the MSI card potentially leading. If you have brand loyalty though you only really have one or two options from each vendor. MSI has two 1070 variants on Newegg and ASUS only has 1 (I am not counting the Founders Editions).

jaski

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
From the reviews that I have seen, I see that the Msi Gaming X has the lowest noise and great temps. However I was leaning towards the Asus strix since it's an all black design and not as striking as the Msi. Also the Strix has a slightly higher frames in games compared to the rest of the gpus. I have made an excel sheet of the various performance benchmarks of Gtx 1070s around gathering various FPS data of a few games from a few review videos from a used MultiTechnoPark on youtube. If you want the excel sheet, leave me a message and I shall mail it to you. You could also go this channel and check out the different videos where he compares benchmarks in games to other graphics cards

https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiTechnopark

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
***Full Disclosure*** I have purchased the ASUS ROG STRIX card.

It is important to keep in mind that the cooler on the MSI card is a bit tall and I have seen several people mentioning how they are having fitment issues. The only reason I went with the ASUS card is because my motherboard is also ASUS brand and I like to satisfy my OCD.

compugrid

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016

I am considering Gigabytre, MSI, evga GPUs
could you please email me yr spreadsheet to : compugrid@mail.ru
Thanks

MyPCIsOnFireSOS

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW is currently the best edition of GTX 1070 when it comes to performance and also decoration . i hope i didn't answer too late ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.