HDTV going to Black Screen after a couple minutes connected to PC.

MajoraMan

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Hi. I am having an issue with connecting my PC to a HDTV for use as a monitor. I have a GTX 960 that I am attempting to connect to an Insignia ns-lcd22-09 TV through HDMI. The issue is that when the TV is connected, everything works fine for a couple minutes but then the TV will go to a black screen and will not change until I either restart the TV or unplug the HDMI cord and plug it back in. This happens in the middle of games, while browsing the web, watching videos, or even just sitting on the desktop. I have tried different cords and tested all of them on other devices to ensure it is not the cords. The TV works on every input including HDMI, so long as it is not my PC connected to it. The HDMI port on the GTX960 also works because I tried a different TV and everything worked fine. I have tried changing resolutions, changing graphics card settings and tv settings and many other things. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm running Windows 10.

Solution
So after trying MANY different things, I finally fixed the issue by uninstalling my graphics drivers, unplugging the TV from my card and then plugging it back in and reinstalling the drivers. Don't know why this worked, but it did.

MajoraMan

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
So after trying MANY different things, I finally fixed the issue by uninstalling my graphics drivers, unplugging the TV from my card and then plugging it back in and reinstalling the drivers. Don't know why this worked, but it did.

Solution