Cant Boot Or reinstall Windows 10

Hi, I have taken a hard drive out of one of my other PCs to use in a new one i built. It had Windows 10 installed already so it should have booted up fine. But it just showed the windows 10 logo and did nothing. No spinning circle or anything. So i though i would need to reinstall windows so i used a bootable iso i had used previulsy and it does the same thing. It wont even reach install options, it just sticks at the windows logo screen with NO spinning circle. I have tried Davriks Boot and Nuke but that does the same thing. I cant even reinstall windows which is very strange. Any help is appreciated. The PC specs are: Acer ASpire M5640 (modified with a core 2 quad q8200, 4gb ram and a 160gb hdd)

Solution
A old laptop will have some custom devices that will require custom device drivers. You should go into bios and disable as many of these as you can. Things like media card reader, old FireWire ports. Things that are not required for boot. Boot windows and get the basic install then activate each device and attempt to get drivers.
I think windows is just stopping Bach cause it is trying to find a driver for your custom sd card reader.(disable it)
The rest of the machine has pretty generic parts. No point in wiping the drive until the installer boots. Old systems can have non standard. USB support in bios. You might have to update the bios to get a usb install to work. (Or turn off bios usb extensions) I would try a DVD install...

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
NOPE..

The O/S on that drive was authorized and activated for that system... not the new one you put it inside of.. That's why it wouldn't work.

To get Windows reinstalled... you need to go first DELETE all partitions on that drive first... then create a new one and format. Once you do that, Windows should install just fine.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

Oh... sounds like the files might be corrupted. Have you tried re-creating it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Judging by these specs: http://acersupport.com/acerpanam/desktop/0000/Acer/AspireM5640/AspireM5640sp2.shtml

I think problem is the PC itself. Its 9 or so years old, it shouldn't have win 10 on it as it will have no drivers. It may not even recognise the USB itself. I doubt Win 10 would have drivers for it. Putt HDD in any other PC made since then and it would probably let you install onto it.

Even if you got win 10 on it, I doubt there be many drivers for board, might have 8.1 if you lucky. Better off putting win 7 on it. This PC came with Vista, most Vista Motherboard stop getting true driver updates around Win 8, my last PC did.

A old laptop will have some custom devices that will require custom device drivers. You should go into bios and disable as many of these as you can. Things like media card reader, old FireWire ports. Things that are not required for boot. Boot windows and get the basic install then activate each device and attempt to get drivers.
I think windows is just stopping Bach cause it is trying to find a driver for your custom sd card reader.(disable it)
The rest of the machine has pretty generic parts. No point in wiping the drive until the installer boots. Old systems can have non standard. USB support in bios. You might have to update the bios to get a usb install to work. (Or turn off bios usb extensions) I would try a DVD install, it is just more likely to work on a Vista era machine.

Solution