How Would You Go About Cleaning A Monitor Properly?

ShadyOrb09

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Hey, I have an XL2411Z BenQ monitor and it's getting quite dirty now. I've been wanting to clean it for a while but I'm too scared of hurting it, and it was expensive so I'm trying to be super careful with it.

Anyways, how would I go about cleaning it? Do I use water, soapy water, isopropyl alcohol, etc.
Do I scrub the monitor if there is tough dirt on it, or should I softly clean it?
Also, should I use an normal face cloth, or should I use something else?

Any tips are welcome too, thanks guys.

Delroy Monjo

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Use a micro fiber cloth available at WalMart, auto stores, hardware stores and a small spray bottle with lens cleaner which is available at most eyeglass shops-or drugstores. Spray the cloth and wipe gently.

ShadyOrb09

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Okay, thank you!

demoth

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Eyeglass wipes rated for LCD screens is fine for me. A $5 box lasts forever as 2 wipes can clean the dirtiest screen. Unless there is an unusual matte type barrier, these are fine and if there is something unusual, you'd see public feedback by BenQ users by now. Only use a lens rated soft cloth if you want to finish buff, never a paper tower or even a kleenax.

ShadyOrb09

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Where do you normally buy them? Could you link me them please? :)

ShadyOrb09

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Wow, only $10, that's a lot cheaper then I thought. I'll probably do what you said because there is no point in wasting them if they'll just dry out. I'll head to the drugstore tomorrow and look for some.

Thanks a lot for you help!

TRENDING THREADS