There was a problem resetting your PC; No changes were made.

DarkmatterVI

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
I have been having problems with my system freezing and have now decided to factory reset the computer, however, I have run into a problem. Upon going to the Reset this PC option in update & security, and clicking Remove Everything, it goes to "Getting things ready - this wont take long" followed by a pop up that says "There was a problem resetting your PC; No changes were made."

How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
G

probably your HDD has some bad clusters and when something, in this case windows installer tried to change the value on that cluster, it can't, so it loops... I know there are software made to correct bad clusters, although I don't know any one. this is just a possibility, it does not really needs to be bad clusters, it can also be a bad windows installer: the ISO can be corrupted. have...
G

I am not certain if it will help, but make a bootable USB drive, such as a Pendrive. download windows media creation tool to do that. than, restart your PC and change the boot order on BIOS. make that Pendrive the first thing to boot. windows installer should start, here you have a way to format the HDD and install windows without entering your previous windows version. just make sure to download the same windows version already installed, so that your product key can work. (you probably won't need a product key, barely you install windows 10 again it will be already activated, theorically)

DarkmatterVI

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
After trying what you suggested, windows installer does not start, instead, the pc loads up like normal.

All i had to do was download windows media creation tool, get the Windows.iso file, and burn that to a disk; correct?

DarkmatterVI

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
Alright so I managed to get the reset going, but it has been two hours now and it is still stuck on 2%. The screen is not frozen as the windows loading circle is still going, however, this seems to be taking an abnormal amount of time, even though my HDD had 750Gb of 980 full.

Does anyone know if this is normal or how I can go about fixing this?

G

probably your HDD has some bad clusters and when something, in this case windows installer tried to change the value on that cluster, it can't, so it loops... I know there are software made to correct bad clusters, although I don't know any one. this is just a possibility, it does not really needs to be bad clusters, it can also be a bad windows installer: the ISO can be corrupted. have you checked the checksum for that ISO? your best shot would be give your PC to the IT guy to be honest, he has all the software to troubleshoot your problem.

Solution