Don't know which monitor buy (Asus PB278QR Vs BenQ XL2730Z)

Astakor

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
Hi guys!

I'm currently looking for upgrade my monitor, but I'm a bit confused with all the options that are right now in the market. I'm looking something below 600$ (I live in EU) and I do 3D and graphic desing (Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop...), but I'm also a gamer, I play like more than 4 hours each day. I'm looking for a 1440p monitor with good colours and if possible high refresh (my rig is a 6700k and a GTX 1070), I've found these two monitors but the BenQ is like 100€ more expensive than the Asus, and also it has no G-sync so I don't know if it is worth to pay for it. On the other hand, the asus "pb" is not designed for gaming so... I don't know if it will work fine, (currently I own a Philips 24" going at 60Hz, so any change will be better haha).

I've been looking other monitors like Asus MG279Q but it goes out of my budget. If you have any other suggestions it would be fine! I've ordered the asus, but I can return it since I bought it via Amazon.

Should I keep it?

Thanks a lot! :D

Solution
The Asus was great a few years ago but not a wise choice for gaming options now for the money, at least for those who enjoy and notice high FPS. The BenQ is still expensive and TN which is a subjective thing. My advice is look at clone makers using these high end new panels and DP 1.2a that are in the higher end Acers and Asus models. The flood of low response 144Hz IPS with DP 1.2a are hitting market cheap but are still 8 bit panels. Unfortunately for you, the high end panel using cheap rebrands will mostly be freesync by default.-

https://www.amazon.com/27-inch-2560x1440-FreeSync-Technology-Monitor/dp/B01HPDAF68/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1467584162&sr=1-1&keywords=pixio

demoth

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
The Asus was great a few years ago but not a wise choice for gaming options now for the money, at least for those who enjoy and notice high FPS. The BenQ is still expensive and TN which is a subjective thing. My advice is look at clone makers using these high end new panels and DP 1.2a that are in the higher end Acers and Asus models. The flood of low response 144Hz IPS with DP 1.2a are hitting market cheap but are still 8 bit panels. Unfortunately for you, the high end panel using cheap rebrands will mostly be freesync by default.-

https://www.amazon.com/27-inch-2560x1440-FreeSync-Technology-Monitor/dp/B01HPDAF68/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1467584162&sr=1-1&keywords=pixio

Solution