My computer is stuck at spinning circles with Republic of gamers logo

PhoenixWright

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
So recently, I was getting low on disk capacity and I had an expansion portable seagate drive.
So I dissembled the drive and connected it by SATA (I connected the two wires 'Sata and a wire to MOBO')
The next day, I ran my computer, then when I reached to login screen, there was a spinning circle. So I waited it out but it never stopped(actually my computer slept).
So I tried to clean install windows but that didn't fix the problem.
I tried disconnecting the hard disk I installed but that didn't fix the problem. Then I did a CMOS reset(or whatever it was called), Which I don't know why I did but it changed one thing.
Instead of getting avblue screen with spinning dots, I am getting a black screen with a republic of gamers logo and the spinning dots.

I also tried running on safe mode before the CMOS reset. It worked and I checked all of the disks. But they were all working even when the one I just installed was connected. They were all fine and I even checked my files and they were all there.
But now I can't even run safe mode after i got the new spinning circle screen(the one with the black background).
Another thing I tried is turning off the fast boot in BIOS settings and that didn't change anything.

Now I need a solution without formatting any of my disks because they have very important files.

Need help ASAP, Leaving to new home soon.

Solution
Try a clean install but when you do install delete the system reserved partition and the partition which is installed windows on. Then when you install windows and you select the empty space and click on create volume it will warn you to create another partition, agree with that statement and everything will be fine.
Have you removed the drive containing your OS, or maybe accidentally removed or loosened a cable to it? With your PC off and unplugged, check and make sure all the cable are securely connected and properly connected to the correct SATA port.

If all of the above has been checked, go into the BIOS and make sure you have the PC set to boot to the correct drive.

PhoenixWright

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
I already explained this.
I was getting to the screen before the login screen, the loading one.
But it keeps spinning forever and it didnt finish in a whole day.
But now I get a black screen with the motherboard logo and the same spinning circles.

PhoenixWright

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015

I tried contacting Microsoft but at the end their solution was to format, I think that would fix it but that that's not a solution.
So I was trying some things today and I finally found out the problem (I think).
First, I went to recovery mode then from there I opened command prompt, so I started checking all disks using the command 'chkdsk' 'X' (X: 'disk letter'). But all disks were safe, then I tried running chkdsk without a disk letter then I found out an error.
This is the message I got when I ran the command "chkdsk":
'The type of the file system is NTFS.'
'The volume in use by another process. Chkdsk'
'might report errors when no corruption is present.'
'Volume label is Boot.'

After two stages, errors were detected in the third stage:

'Windows has checked the file system and found problems.'
'Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.'

3084 KB total disk space.
4 KB in 9 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
2485 KB in use by the system.
2048 KB occupied by the log file.
597 KB available on disk.

512 bytes in each allocation unit.
6173 total allocation units on disk.
1195 allocation units available on disk.
Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50.

Running command chkdsk /F
'The type of the file system is NTFS.'
'Cannot lock current drive.'
'Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.'

And that's it.
So was my guess correct? This drive is labeled Boot so it is almost matching to what I'm facing.

I can't boot my computer after installing a new hard drive, maybe I made a mistake and that caused a conflict? But now I can't even run safe mode.. Not like when this problem started.
I think this is important so I will mention it now, the path of the command(the things written before the arrow >) is: X:\windows\system32\

And something is weird about it since I have no drive named X, same for partitions.

Try a clean install but when you do install delete the system reserved partition and the partition which is installed windows on. Then when you install windows and you select the empty space and click on create volume it will warn you to create another partition, agree with that statement and everything will be fine.

Solution

PhoenixWright

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
How do I uninstall the windows partition without running my computer? I can't access safe mode and the only thing I can access now is the bios and Command prompt from recovery mode.
And luckily I have a windows 10 disk so I can do this in a couple of minutes, I just need to now how to delete the partition.

EDIT: I was able to figure this part out and now there's no issues with my PC.
Thanks a lot for your help everyone ^^