Bad resolution connecting new PC to LG model #22LH20 TV

hackwriter

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
I have just purchased this Dell computer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01732K7GE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I cannot get resolution over 1380 x 768 with my LG TV model #22LH20. I connected an HDMI cable to both ends. I am only using this monitor for this PC until I get my files transferred over and then I will connect it to a dedicated LG monitor that I'm using for my old PC. Then I will use this LG TV as a secondary monitor for my work laptop, which is a Lenovo ThinkPad. I just need to know what I need to do to get it working with the new Dell computer for now. I'm thinking perhaps there is a setting on the TV that I'm missing???

Solution
Yep.
If you care, here's a couple other tips:

1) SSD - maybe get one of these later, then CLONE your HDD to it, test and use the HDD as a backup.
- that would make the system slightly snappier and also allow the HDD to be use to store a backup IMAGE of the SSD

Cheaper ones for $50USD, though I'd get a Samsung 850 EVO 256GB for about $90.

2) Acronis True Image (or similar) to make backup images.

3) GPU - if you decide to play games then note that the one you have is okay for light gaming but beyond that you'd want a better GPU (at which point you'd likely have to replace the ATX power supply).
Yep.
If you care, here's a couple other tips:

1) SSD - maybe get one of these later, then CLONE your HDD to it, test and use the HDD as a backup.
- that would make the system slightly snappier and also allow the HDD to be use to store a backup IMAGE of the SSD

Cheaper ones for $50USD, though I'd get a Samsung 850 EVO 256GB for about $90.

2) Acronis True Image (or similar) to make backup images.

3) GPU - if you decide to play games then note that the one you have is okay for light gaming but beyond that you'd want a better GPU (at which point you'd likely have to replace the ATX power supply).

Solution