VIA USB 3.0 device randomly crash in W10

slowdown_kid

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I have had problems with my USB 3.0 ports and drivers. I did a clean install, fresh installed the latest drivers and still have this problem. Basically, my keyboard will randomly d/c for a few seconds and then reconnect. After it happens once it will usually do it again every few minutes, and occasionally will not reconnect. If my keyboard d/c's and does not reconnect I have noticed a driver error in device manager, and its always the VIA usb 3.0 extensible host controller - 1.0. Uninstalling this particular device and then scanning for hardware changes will fix the problem, at least until I restart my PC.

This seems to affect the USB 3.0 ports only, as plugging my keyboard into 2.0 ports does not cause this to happen, but I don't have enough 2.0 ports to have all devices plugged into them. I have also disabled Windows 10 automatic drive updates as some people have mentioned that may be the problem.

I would really like to solve this issue, as playing competitive PC games and having your keyboard d/c is really inconvenient :)