How to use this HDMI MALE-DVI-D MALE with my monitor and gpu?

oze12

Honorable
Jun 27, 2016
So, i bought a Benq GL2460, its the edition that does not have hdmi connection, it only has DVI-D and vga, my gpu its a gtx 980 pny reference edition, and it does have a dvi connection... But DVI-I, and i just cant seem to find any DVI-I MALE / DVI-D MALE in order to plug the graphics card to the monitor, so i just wanted to know, will a HDMI-MALE / DVI-D MALE cable work? HDMI-Male connected to the graphics card and the DVI-D male connected to the monitor.
Note: The monitor has a DVI-D female connection of 24+1 Pin

This is the monitor :
Link To monitor

This is my gpu with its connections:

gtx-980-4gb-gddr5sd.png

This is the cable i want to buy :

Link to it.

I need help, this will make all my doubts go and know what i should do, thanks in advance.

Solution
DVI-I is DVI-D. Just use a DVI cable. I means it's Integrated, meaning it has Analog and Digital together. DVI-A exists but is nearly unheard of in the wild. A standard DVI cable should work.

Mattib 050

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
You can connect a DVI-D cable to your graphics card. DVI-D cables work with DVI-I connectors, the extra pins are pretty much redundant in most cases. So you don't need an adapter, just a regular DVI-D cable.

oze12

Honorable
Jun 27, 2016

But , if i wanted to plug the gpu to my tv, will it work? Using that DVI-D Male plug into de gpu and the hdmi to the tv

oze12

Honorable
Jun 27, 2016

I linked the right card, it has a dvi-i connector and some hdmis

Mattib 050

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Yeah, if your TV has HDMI input, you can either use a regular HDMI cable, or use that DVI to HDMI cable. Only HDMI will carry sound as well, but other than that there's no difference...

oze12

Honorable
Jun 27, 2016

Monitor does not have hdmi input, graphics card has a DVI-I connection and hdmi, of course. Point was i wanted to know if a HDMI MALE/DVI-D MALE connection will work when trying to connect the pc to my tv, example, plugging my dvi-d to the gpu and the hdmi connection to the tv.