TV gaming mode settings

Kallakix2015

Honorable
May 18, 2015
Hi,
If I'm using a console with my TV the only way for it to run smoothly is to put the TV into 'game mode' if it's not set to that it has massive delay and other issues.

The only problem is when game modes on, I can't change any of the video settings, it greys out brightness , contrast,sharpness ect. So the game runs fine, but it looks terrible. It looks like game mode is the only way to run things at 60fps.
Any ideas?
Panasonic TX-40CX400B LCD TV

Thank you

Solution

Gaming mode does precisely this: it disables all image processing by the TV to speed things up. That's why all the setting become unavailabe. Nothing yuo can do about that.
So your best bet is to go back to normal mode and try to mess with the settings until you find...

Gaming mode does precisely this: it disables all image processing by the TV to speed things up. That's why all the setting become unavailabe. Nothing yuo can do about that.
So your best bet is to go back to normal mode and try to mess with the settings until you find something acceptable. Look ofr and disalbe all sorts of digital noise reduction, adaptive brightness, dynamic contrast etc. settings. Those produce the most delay.

Solution