Dell desktop: windows upgrade: "The computer started using the Windows installation media..."

Angeline_3

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
"...Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Then, insert the intallation media and restart the upgrade" Can't right click on usb drive and get install option. What am I supposed to do in order to upgrade to windows 10 from my usb? Even when I open it and right click on files, etc, there's no option to install..

Solution
Open the USB in file explorer, there should be a file called Setup. double click that.

That is a very strange error, how did you run the update the first time to get that after a restart?

Two ways to run update off USB, One is change boot order in BIOS so it boots off USB first and then the hdd,
and other is run the setup file in file explorer.

Neither should cause that error.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Open the USB in file explorer, there should be a file called Setup. double click that.

That is a very strange error, how did you run the update the first time to get that after a restart?

Two ways to run update off USB, One is change boot order in BIOS so it boots off USB first and then the hdd,
and other is run the setup file in file explorer.

Neither should cause that error.

Solution