Newegg and Fedex screwed over with my return!

psyking841

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
A friendly warning for people who want to return something to newegg: Never ever ever ever use Fedex dropbox to drop your return package! Because you are very likely to have similar experience like me!

So the story started from the return of a pack of 32G DDR3 memory. I dropped it in a Fedex dropbox downstairs under the building I am working at. And of course I don't get the receipt. After more then a week, I checked the return tracking number in fedex web, it says "item not found". And I checked my return status on newegg's return tracking web, it did find my order as well. So my order is just like never exist!! So I called Newegg, they told me they could not see anything from the tracking number and asked me to call FedEx for further investigation. Then I called FedEx, FedEx rep told me they could not find it either, and she told me the tracking must be wrong because, as she said, if it is correct their system should show something. I called newegg again, and they insisted their shipping label is correct. Then I asked why newegg's web does not show the status of my return, the newegg rep told me that newegg's ebay order does not show on their tracking website (I bought this memory from newegg ebay). I don't believe this! I am asking if people have similar experience. I don't have the receipt so I have to take the loss? Can I trust FedEx dropbox anymore?

bignastyide

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
After a rough experience with a UPS store insurance claim, I've had a hard time trusting the FedEx stores, dropbox, UPS Store, and UPS dropbox. Your situation has reinforced this aversion. I hope you can get this resolved. I would lean heavier on Newegg, as FedEx has a more rich history of throwing customers under the bus. Check if there is any security footage of you dropping the package off. If the building has a camera there, you may be able to get a copy of that and use it as leverage to get the ball rolling.

Good luck.

Ralston18

Titan
Fully agree with bignastyide.

Always strive to get a shipping receipt. A family member was very lucky with respect to a missing iPad that was not delivered. UPS even attempted to tell her that the barcodes were FedEx. Which was not true because two units were ordered and one was delivered. That was enough to prove that the second unit had not been delivered and the paper work trail proved it. The second unit mysteriously showed up thereafter when attention was being directed higher up the UPS management chain. Very clear that the delivery person was "messing" with the delivery records.

Lots of people in cahoots to steal things. And they try to take advantage of any opportunities where the recipient and/or shipper have made an error. Forced or otherwise - trickery.....

Do everything you can to protect yourself. Get receipts, get names, dates, times, online tracking information, keep documents, copies, etc..

psyking841

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
Hey, thanks everyone for your comments. I actually contacted the building's management company, they took my tracking number and the next day I checked the trancking number online and I found the package was picked up! I believe the management company must tell my issue to fedex deliver-man. But I won't use the dropbox anymore! Always get receipts!