Start-up programs loads slower in windows 10?

EthianKenh

Honorable
Feb 16, 2015
Hi all, I was wondering if it is normal that the auto start-up programs loads slower in Windows10 compare to Windows7

For example
When I was using Windows7:
I had firefox and Windows media player start-up automatically when windows starts, both programs starts right away when entering window.

Now that I'm using Windows10:
Both programs takes 15 to 20 seconds to appear after entering window.

I'm using Samsung 840 EVO 240gb. I'm curious if it's my hardware problem or it's just windows problem. Thank you in advance!

Solution
With the Samsung SSD EVO, you have rapid mode that can be switched on in Samsung Magician and this may help.
Go here to read about your rapid mode functionality: http://www.thessdreview.com/software-2/samsung-magician-4-5-rapid-mode-2-1-testing/

Also in your SERVICES you have options for delayed start for certain services and apps that can slow what you want to start first.
To get to SERVICES, Press windows key + R and in the run box type: services.msc.

There are many services that can be modified. you can stop a service, delay a service at start and delete a service or set for manual. Do not stop essential services and if not sure then google the service for more info.

MS auto update is a hog at times and can be set to manual in...
With the Samsung SSD EVO, you have rapid mode that can be switched on in Samsung Magician and this may help.
Go here to read about your rapid mode functionality: http://www.thessdreview.com/software-2/samsung-magician-4-5-rapid-mode-2-1-testing/

Also in your SERVICES you have options for delayed start for certain services and apps that can slow what you want to start first.
To get to SERVICES, Press windows key + R and in the run box type: services.msc.

There are many services that can be modified. you can stop a service, delay a service at start and delete a service or set for manual. Do not stop essential services and if not sure then google the service for more info.

MS auto update is a hog at times and can be set to manual in services.

Solution

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Also check for any 'new' or unknown items in start up...make sure you have all the latest mobos drivers ...check for malware.... alsoMS supposedly purposely paid little attention to optimizing anything to do with FireFoxm Chrome and other browsers

EthianKenh

Honorable
Feb 16, 2015
MeanMachine41 and Tradesman1, thanks for the suggestion, I've enable Rapid Mode since I first get the SSD. I will try look into the services and see what i can do from there.