PC makes beep sound, blank screen

Forhan Noor

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
My PC recently started acting weird. When I press the power button, all the fans start spinning. CPU, GPU, HDD, case fans all seems normal. But the display remains blank. Reseating the GPU seems to work.

Now when I press power button, 1 long and 2 short beeps are heard. Again, reseating the GPU works. When it works, I can use the PC for hours without any issue. I'm fairly certain the GPU is functional. I play Far Cry 3 for hours without a single hiccup. A defected GPU won't be able to do that. However I must note that I had to struggle a fair bit to install the GPU on motherboard. Lot of wiggling had to be done. But it does seat there and PCIE clip is locked. So what could be the issue, can anyone give me some suggestions please? Btw, here's my rig:

Core i3 3220
Gigabyte h61m s2pv
8GB DDR3
Corsair VS450
R7 260x 2GB

Forhan Noor

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Okay so after reseating the GPU, the problem seems to be disappeared. Although it may appear again as my GPU won't sit properly on the pci slot.

If the issue is the backpane where it hits the case expansion slots you can bend the metal a bit to fit it. Often the bottom part does not slide down very easily.

Forhan Noor

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016

Yes that was the case. I managed to slide it in with some force. The gpu is fully inserted into the pcie slot. But it took some force to do so and I'm not happy about it. But as long as it doesn't give any issue, I can deal with it.