No internet and low CPU clock speed.

Redpeanut

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
So due to being asleep my computer auto updated to Windows 10 and now I'm having massive issues.

My internet will not connect anymore, when using the troubleshooting I get the message 'one or more network protocols are missing' and it can't auto repair. When going into the properties of my ethernet network and trying to install the protocols the only one listed is 'hyper V extensible virtual switch' which gives me the error 'the specific module could not be found'.

The other problem I have is that task manager is telling me that my i7-4770K @ 3.50Ghz clocked at 4.00Ghz is running at a maximum speed of 0.80Ghz but when using CPU-Z is says my core speed is 3.99Ghz.

Any and all help would be great as currently I have a pretty useless computer.

Solution
No. Your CPU speed will not run to its maximum potential just because it is not needed. Why would it do that. If it indeed run at 100% then your CPu is overload and that is the problem
Ever heard of "It is estimated most human beings use only 10 percent of the brain's capacity"
For the internet problem did you try to update the driver? Usually go to the manufacturer website and find software and update the driver
No. Your CPU speed will not run to its maximum potential just because it is not needed. Why would it do that. If it indeed run at 100% then your CPu is overload and that is the problem
Ever heard of "It is estimated most human beings use only 10 percent of the brain's capacity"
For the internet problem did you try to update the driver? Usually go to the manufacturer website and find software and update the driver

Solution