So... I messed up and spilled some water on my monitor.

ErevosMeansDark

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
I spilled some water on my monitor on the gaps on all sides and this happend...

Is this easily fixable?
uwjpnI5.jpg

Solution

according to your title "Spilled some water ..." the damage was taked from your side and it's not some kind of malfunction so , you should contact and ask them your self but it's unlikely that they would accept it , it's like braking your...

iXeon

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015
it depends on the kind of monitor you are using , some times there's a chance to save it by just disconnecting it immediately and let it dry for few days. but if you can see that the water has reached behind the panel and combined with crystal or turned off some LEDs , i don't think you could fix it. and i don't know if the warranty supports that kind of damage but if they do send it to them.

ErevosMeansDark

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

It's an ASUS, do you think they would cover this and do dead pixels mean that I can't fix it?

iXeon

Honorable
Jul 6, 2015

according to your title "Spilled some water ..." the damage was taked from your side and it's not some kind of malfunction so , you should contact and ask them your self but it's unlikely that they would accept it , it's like braking your monitor and bring it to them and tell them to change if for you.

but for more information about asus warranty terms you can read this:
https://www.asus.com/support/.../05922033-28b5-40a3-8ef2-314781c08f4d.pdf

dead pixels means that they won't work anymore , if there are a little you can leave them and use the monitor but if there are lots of dead pixel that you can't see what monitor is showing then i could say the monitor is likely dead.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS