benq xl2411 "please use the correct dual link dvi cable that came with your monitor"

youngjiggalo

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
I bought http://www.greennet.ca/high-resolution-gold-plated-dual-video-cable-p-1039930.html these cables for my monitor to get 144hz but whenever I try to go to 144hz the entire screen blurs out and its like pixelated and tells me that i need to use the correct cable that came with my monitor but i dont even think I have it anymore. any suggestions?

Also, some parts of the monitor whenever I go on sites is like color disorted. any ideas on how to get rid of it?

DVI and DVI dual link have a hardwire limit on how fast they can transfer information... DVI is not the best connection for above 60Hz, for that your would want DisplayPort. The reason this is happening is likely because you have reached the data transfer limit of the DVI standard, therefore, you are trying to display faster than the frames can get from the tower to the monitor.

I'm sorry but the only way around this is to use a better connection, like DP.

Your monitor is equipped with HDMI but it doesn't say which standard of HDMI it's got... Without knowing which revision of HDMI it is, I cannot guarantee that using HDMI will solve the problem either.

If VGA to DP was working for you, then try it again. Here's the think, DB-15 (the standard that VGA connectors adhere to) is limited to 60Hz, you cannot get above 60Hz unless you get a modded cable (quite uncommon these days).

However, I think you'll agree that an intact 60Hz display is better than an obstructed and distorted 144Hz display.

youngjiggalo

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
my graphics card is MSI gtx 770. Dual-link DVI-I x 1
Dual-link DV-D x 1
HDMI x 1 (version 1.4a)
DisplayPport x 1 (version 1.2)
VGA(Optional, via DVI to D-Sub adapptor)

I have used the HDMI cord but it does not let me go up to 144 hz