Multiple hard drives with storage.

Lenny_4

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016
Sorry if my question has been answered a million times but I cant find an answer. My PC has 2 hard drives and 1 SSD. I combined the hard drives into 1 drive to store my stuff on it but i made sure to put as much stuff into my SSD possible so it could reach its maximum potential. I have about 10 gigabytes left on it and need to start worrying about how to put stuff on my hard drives. So that's my question, Once the SSD is full how do I continue putting more files on my hard drives? This is also my first post here so so if I'm not that smart. And if it helps my SSD is a Samsung. I don't know the hard drives because they were gifts to my from my grandfather.

Solution
One thing you can do is relocate your library folders

follow these steps but a clever step they don't mention is make the destination folder before you go to move it, as it avoids mistakes. Say your storage drive is F drive, make a documents folder in F/Documents and then do what they say to do above.

If you have a steam games folder on C, you can copy it to your storage drive and then logon to steam, look in library settings and redirect it to look at new location. Then delete the original folder on C (there is a chance steam own't work and you may need to reinstall it to get it to work.

Depending on what you want to install on storage, the process varies. If applications you will have to point them at the storage fodler when...

Colif

Win 11 Master
One thing you can do is relocate your library folders

follow these steps but a clever step they don't mention is make the destination folder before you go to move it, as it avoids mistakes. Say your storage drive is F drive, make a documents folder in F/Documents and then do what they say to do above.

If you have a steam games folder on C, you can copy it to your storage drive and then logon to steam, look in library settings and redirect it to look at new location. Then delete the original folder on C (there is a chance steam own't work and you may need to reinstall it to get it to work.

Depending on what you want to install on storage, the process varies. If applications you will have to point them at the storage fodler when you install them. There is no easy way to redirect all files to install on Storage, the default is C as it works best for most things and some programs will not work unless they on C.

Solution

Lenny_4

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

Thanks, but is there a way to make it so all my downloads will be moved to my D drive automatically? Because my C drive is my SSD.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Lenny_4

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

Thanks, but in my d drive the only things in there are system volume and recycling, how do I make it so it has the other folders in c drive?

TRENDING THREADS