Secondary HDD crashed, unable to uninstall apps from Windows 10

dodeqaa

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
Hello all,

I need some help/advice.

I've recently had my secondary HDD crashed. Some apps were installed on that drive and I wasn't able to uninstall them through Windows 10.

I've replaced my secondaryry HDD now but the old apps are still in the app list and when I try to reinstall them, it says the app is already updated.

I tried to uninstall the apps through windows 10, its stuck trying to configure the program (which doesn't exist) for the uninstall.

Thank you!

Solution
Hey there again, @dodeqaa!

There's another way but it's highly risky, you should keep that in mind and make sure you do a full backup somewhere off-site before proceeding. It involves editing the Windows Registry which is potentially dangerous, so make sure you backup the registry as well before you tamper with it. Here's an article that can explain more about it and also helps you through the procedure.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD :)
Welcome to the community, @dodeqaa!

I'd recommend you to consider clean installing Windows 10 onto your primary drive and re-configure your storage properly. However, make sure you have the secondary HDD unplugged from the SATA ports at that time, otherwise, you will most probably encounter an OS confusion.
You definitely need to do a full backup of your files somewhere off-site, resetting Windows will delete any personalized data you have stored on it.
I'd advise you to use this tutorial about Windows Install & Optimization for SSDs & HDDs.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you have more questions!
SuperSoph_WD

dodeqaa

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
@Supersoph_WD

Thank you for taking the time to help out :) and for the warm welcome!

My windows 10 in installed on my primrary drive (SSD) and it has been working fine though, so if its possible I'd like to avoid having to reset it?
Is there no other way to remove the apps from windows 10?

Thank you for the links , its very informative, I have to admit my experience with setting up drives is very limited :D

Hey there again, @dodeqaa!

There's another way but it's highly risky, you should keep that in mind and make sure you do a full backup somewhere off-site before proceeding. It involves editing the Windows Registry which is potentially dangerous, so make sure you backup the registry as well before you tamper with it. Here's an article that can explain more about it and also helps you through the procedure.

Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD :)

Solution
Before attempting such highly risky action with the registry, try the Revo Uninstaller. It's always worked for me when the normal Windows uninstall didn't. And the suggestion to make a full system backup prior to making any significant system change is always extremely important.

Good luck.