Windows 10 3 Dots Stop to spin

Novin_D

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
I have a Windows 10 computer, but whenever I try to turn it on. It just gets stuck on the windows logo And the 3 dots stops to spin

Now it shows automatic repair and stops to spin... mouse also dose not move

i tried installing fresh windows 10 but still the same issue when i click on install the PC freezes

i do have legal copy of windows

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Solution
Don't think it's the CPU... I meant possible CPU overheating if it froze and next restarted but that doesn't look like it... prolonged freeze is probably caused by other hardware.

Try diagnosing hardware following steps 1 to 3 from the last answer and if they all pass the test, and the motherboard remains, it will be the likely culprit.

And also reset the BIOS to discard corrupt settings that may cause hardware issues...
1. make it a hard reset removing the AC power connection, removing the motherboard coin size battery,
2. moving the BIOS reset jumper from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3,
3. next press the power button hoding it pressed for a minute,
4a. wait 10 minutes before reinstalling the battery, jumper, and powering up the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
see if this works

boot from the win 10 installer
on page where you click install, press repair this PC instead
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan pc and maybe fix start up - will ask for logon details

another option, use installer again, select repair pc again
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
choose one of the three safe modes
PC should restart in safe mode... you don't have to do anything here, often just going into safe mode fixes things. restart pc and see if its better

I think the cause is more likely to be hardware related. Reason I think it may be hardware is because when you are begining a Windows installation, the cause is not likely to be software... you are working on the CD not the installed Windows. Your full system specifications should help more accurately determine the possibility of hardware being the cause.

1. Check that the RAM modles are in all the way in the sockets, after that test the computer with one RAM module at a time on all RAM sockets.
2. Hard drive issues can prolong the BIOS post. It should normally take no more than 10 seconds.

In any case try the next suggestions to get the possibility of software being the cause out of the way.
3. Try a startup repair (Automatic Repair)... that usually takes care of Windows startup issues.
4. If the Startup Repair doesn't solve it, from Safe Mode (if it actually logs on), insert the Windows 10 installer, and from a command prompt window, type SFC/Scannow. This should restore or replace missing or currupted system files or drivers, basically doing partly the same as a reinstall does.. in part because it only replaces missing or corrupted system file, a reinstall replaces them all.

Novin_D

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
Ram is new I just bought it yesterday .. I thought I had a faulty ram and bought new once ....
The pc is still getting stuck ...
I disconnected my hard disk from pc and tried to boot windows setup from CD ... It loaded all files then again it got stuck when I press install. Mouse won't move keyboard won't respond

Well, if it freezes during the boot process or Windows installation the cause is close to 100% possibility of being hardware...
1. If you have the monitor on PCIe card, try onboard video or viceversa.
2. If you have other mouse and keyboard try them
3. PSU is less likely but you have to test everything
4. Overheating CPU can freeze before crashing.. so that baing a possibility would depend on how long it stays frozen
5. After that, only the motherboard is left and shoud be the likely culprit.

Novin_D

Commendable
Jul 7, 2016
It freezes during boot process.. I thought windows might be courupt so I tryed fresh install from CD but it freezes that time too ...
I don't have motherboard with on board graphics...
CPU temperature is below 54c
And pc is freezed untill I press restart
Can it be a processor issue ??

Don't think it's the CPU... I meant possible CPU overheating if it froze and next restarted but that doesn't look like it... prolonged freeze is probably caused by other hardware.

Try diagnosing hardware following steps 1 to 3 from the last answer and if they all pass the test, and the motherboard remains, it will be the likely culprit.

And also reset the BIOS to discard corrupt settings that may cause hardware issues...
1. make it a hard reset removing the AC power connection, removing the motherboard coin size battery,
2. moving the BIOS reset jumper from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3,
3. next press the power button hoding it pressed for a minute,
4a. wait 10 minutes before reinstalling the battery, jumper, and powering up the computer.
4b. A second and third resets can be tried extending the time period to an hour,
4c. And as last resort one last BIOS reset extending it overnight, or at least 10-12 hours. This is to exhaust all possibilities before declaring the motherboard as the cause.

Solution