New Custom PC keeps freezing

severance799

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Hello,
Was hoping if someone could me out here, I've just built a custom PC and every time it I get into the desktop it freezes up, I've done a fresh install about 5 times so its not that, I've change the harddrive so its not that either.
I've built a few custom PC's before and I've never seen anything like this

Here is the spec

CoolerMaster CM Storm Stryker
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151
Intel I7-6700K 4.00GHz 6th Gen Skylake
Corsair 32GB Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS GTX 970 4GB
Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W Fully Modular
Segate 3TB Barracuda

Any bit of help would be great

Hello severance799

Can you please confirm what happens to the PC after it freezes? Does it restart automatically, do you have to restart it manually, or does it come up with any BSOD?

To start with, please check and confirm if you are using the correct display drivers and that they are from the original vendor?

Sometimes even the memory sticks are culprit. You may want to check them too.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

severance799

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Hello viveknayyar007

Thanks for getting back to me,

It doesn't restart at all it just freezes up can't do anything on it, I've install the graphics drivers from the disk but when I go to update them fully I dont get the chance to as it freezes up before I can do anything, If I do the drivers for the mother board I'll get them installed but again it freezes up straight after it. I don't get any BSOD, I've taken out two sticks of Ram just to see if that cases anything but same thing again, very strange!!

Hello again severance799

In that case, you may want to Start Computer in Safe Mode, and Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command to let Windows find and fix issues for you.

severance799

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Hello viveknayyar007,

I tried what you suggested, and it didn't find any errors, im at a lost here, its still freezing up, I've disabled the onboard killer nic , because this is the only thing different that i've got from all the other pc's i've built .
At this stage I'll try anything

Thanks