Part it out or rebuild and sell whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redrocket90

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
After I upgrade to Zen/Polaris (or intel if zen is a flop), should I sell the Case, mobo, cpu, cooler, ram, and gpu as parts or buy a new psu, hard drive(s), and optical drive to sell it as a complete build?

If i rebuild, this is roughly what the parts list would be.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6fHNQV

I also have an extra windows 10 key so the rebuild would have a valid OS.

I already have a new case and cooler, so i dont need to buy new ones to sell it complete.

So, part it out or spend roughly $150 to sell it whole?

Solution
Be prepared to be disappointed.

A pc will usually fetch more if it is disassembled and the parts sold individually.
That is because it is unlikely that a buyer will want exactly the same pc.
Find your parts in used condition on ebay.
Then filter on completed auctions,
In green you will see what the part actually sold for.

Cases are heavy and shipping may be expensive. If you have an option to sell locally, you avoid that expense and you may find an unsophisticated buyer.

I would not spend $150 on improvements; you may not get more than $300 out of the pc selling it as a whole.
Be prepared to be disappointed.

A pc will usually fetch more if it is disassembled and the parts sold individually.
That is because it is unlikely that a buyer will want exactly the same pc.
Find your parts in used condition on ebay.
Then filter on completed auctions,
In green you will see what the part actually sold for.

Cases are heavy and shipping may be expensive. If you have an option to sell locally, you avoid that expense and you may find an unsophisticated buyer.

I would not spend $150 on improvements; you may not get more than $300 out of the pc selling it as a whole.

Solution

Redrocket90

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
So here's the real question. Does anybody want a x4 860k on an A88x pro topped with an Arctic Freezer Xtreme, Strix R9 285oc, in a Corsair Carbide Spec 01?

D

Deleted member 217926

If you want to sell parts here read the sticky and follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.