What should I do later on in my career?

CPUNerd443

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
I am in my 3rd year in High School and I somewhat zoned in on two ideas that I would prefer to excel in one being IT Networking or Videography. Currently I am enrolled in Cisco Networking Academy going for my A+ certification, but I also like working with video and photography. Which seems like the more reliable branch to go in as I am still undecided. Thanks

Solution
My vote would be IT Networking.

Reason: There are just very, very many folks out there with good video and photography skills. And the cameras, etc. are only getting better and better for more casual users. Still takes skill - no disrespect intended. But the easier it becomes the more "competition" there will be.

As an IT Network professional you will have more career opportunities. And you can still do video and photography as a hobby or amateur.

Keep an eye on the bigger picture (pun intended) as well. Take classes in the sciences, writing, communication skills, and management. Learn to work as a team member, be known as reliable and honest. Keep yourself healthy and out of trouble. Be respectful and polite. Keep your...

Ralston18

Titan
My vote would be IT Networking.

Reason: There are just very, very many folks out there with good video and photography skills. And the cameras, etc. are only getting better and better for more casual users. Still takes skill - no disrespect intended. But the easier it becomes the more "competition" there will be.

As an IT Network professional you will have more career opportunities. And you can still do video and photography as a hobby or amateur.

Keep an eye on the bigger picture (pun intended) as well. Take classes in the sciences, writing, communication skills, and management. Learn to work as a team member, be known as reliable and honest. Keep yourself healthy and out of trouble. Be respectful and polite. Keep your life balanced between yourself, your family/friends, and your work - may not always be even but do the best you can.

Things are changing fast and you will probably go through a few career changes no matter what. Keep as many options open as you can.

Solution