Wierd problems, want to upgrade my computer

Zraaviisen

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Hello there guys @ tomshardware!

There's a TL : DR down the bottom, but please read the whole thing before commenting!

So I've been thinking about an upgrade lately and I need your thoughts.
Also, problems have occured with my current setup and I was wondering if I'm correct by changing the parts that I want to change.

About 4 months ago I upgraded my graphics card, and replaced my PSU.
My computer is acting all wierd ever since.*
* Need to reboot several times until i get to the login screen.
* Lower FPS than it should be.
* High temperatures in TMPIN0 and 1.
* Graphics card get random utbursts of usage.

My question is, what I should upgrade the Mobo and the PSU into ( but you guys might find something else I need to upgrade.)
My budget is around $200 but I can raise it if that's the case.

My specs are:

Processor and Cooler - AMD FX 8350 no OC with a Cooler Master 212 Evo
Motherboard - MSI 970A-G43
Graphics card - Radeon R9 390 Sapphire Edition
Hard Drive and SSD -
A 1TB one from Western Digital ( don't know it's name), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB
PSU - Corsair CX 750M
Memory - Corsair 1600 MHz DDR3 2x4 GB
Fans - I've got one extra fan which came with the chassi, might be worth to get another one aswell?

My upgrades are going to be focused around the Motherboard and the PSU.
I'm thinking about a MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ for a Mobo and the Corsair RM750x 750W as the PSU.

Any insights on my rig? Is there a bottleneck that's causing the FPS lowerage? For reference i had about 200 fps with almost no drops on CS:GO on a GTX 660 and now i get around 60-120 ( capped it at 120!) and sometimes even lower than 60.

Sorry for the long post, hope that some of my problems above might get answered and that someone gives me more insight in what to upgrade.

TL : DR:
Got some wierd problems with my current setup, want to change the Motherboard and the PSU.
Would appreciate any insight.

Thank you very much for reading!

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Your motherboard and psu are not very good so you are correct in focusing there. Replacing these two parts should solve all of your issues.

The MSI 970 GAMING is a good motherboard and so is the Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P.

The Corsair RM750x is a good psu but it is overpriced. Here are 4 better alternatives.

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/antec-power-supply-ea650green,antec-power-supply-neoeco620c,seasonic-power-supply-s12ii620bronze,xfx-power-supply-p1650snlb9/