Computer acting weird and slow lately although I have no viruses

Mario_1995

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
I have a DELL all in one PC

You guys think Malware bytes with win10 defender is enough?
My Malware bytes says I have no infections and I never go to the dark realms of the internet but lately my pc has been unusually slow sometimes and I'm not sure if its win10 being buggy or Malwarebytes is misleading me. My pc doesn't even have on much . Since I got it I did a clean install to remove all the bloat and it has been fine for a while. I have Spotify, drop box(were all my school files are, so I have no files in the pc folders it self), Facebook for windows, IMVU(a chatting game) and 3 games from the windows app store. That's it, that's all I have... no chrome nothing(because I use edge), but sometimes the pc goes from super fast(things open in an almost instant) ....to a crawl, especially if I leave it too long and wake it up from sleep, all the windows say 'not responsive' and sometimes the cursor thing(the blue spinning circle) that indicates that the pc is doing something is always there and there is constant freezing until I restart the pc. After a restart it goes back to being fast again. Maybe I have system registry errors? I have no idea. Please advise me.

Example of my pc being unresponsive window for nooo reason:... what good timing
http://

I don't think I have a virus though but I downloaded Bitdefender free to run a full scan last night. Both Bitdefender and malware bytes detected no viruses . WTF IS WRONG? It starts up really fast and everything. Also, sometimes when I open the file explorer the green loading bar at the top moves slow and never shows the files in the folder at all even though the File Explorer itself came up very quickly when I clicked it. Sorry for such a long confused paragraph, I'm frustrated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
check dell web site for your PC, make sure you have latest drivers. OLd drivers can slow PC down.

what model is it? I would ask if it had an ssd but its a dell, i don't need to ask that (went looking for new PC for mum yesterday, all Dell use are HDD still)

run a defrag on hdd

Mario_1995

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016

Ok I'll try those things. Last time I checked there was just a BIOS update but I didn't think it was necessary . Ill look again and also try the Defrag(which I anyways figured Win10 did automatically) and get back to you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
yeah, win 10 runs defrag in background normally but it might help if you do a manual run.

The slow response from sleep makes me think the bios update could help, as sometimes it is settings in bios that mess around with the win 10 sleep method.

you can also change power plan to high performance, set PC/monitor to never turn off when powered up, and in advanced power options, set hdd to never turn off. This may reduce the slow down.

Mario_1995

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Ok, did the defrag. Didn't do the Bios one because I had to use a USB and stuff. Don't have any and have to idea how to do that. I don't think that's the problem though. When I Said slow from start up I meant the flickering(see 4th point in list)

Sometimes I have a lot open and sometimes I don't. In the pic I sent earlier I had 4 MS edge tabs open plus the downloads folder.

Ok here's a list of things that's happening (my pc has 4gbs of ram, an Intel Pentium, 500HDD)

• Sometimes its just gets super slow, almost to the point where its even difficult to press Shut Down. I wonder if its the ram but I got the chance to open the task manager while it was slow once and all the ram wasn't being used up.(It was at 79% the most).

Programs start to get really unresponsive. Even the file explorer like I showed earlier. One time the explorer opened fine but it wouldn't show the files (the green bar was taking it time). So I closed it and tried again and same thing. I don't have much on my pc at all. The download folder I showed in the pic below only had like 7 files in it, 3 songs and 4 Wallpapers.

Sometimes when I'm using Adobe reader for my text book there's a certain point in time where I know the app is about to say not responding. Happens every time, just a matter of when. Even, MS Word says not responding sometimes.

When I wake up it up, the lock screen comes on then it goes to a blue screen(looks something like the 'shutting down screen') and the screen flickers for about 2 minutes then it goes back to normal lock screen and then I put in my pin and everything is fine.