Dual monitor GTX 980 ti not working.

bgi123

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2012
Just got a brand new GTX 980 ti for cheap 400$ no tax not going to wait for 1070 to be in stock and waste summer to game at 144hz.

Anyways. I have my main monitor on using the DVI cable. The second monitor is connected via HDMI and it does not show any image at all. Both monitors are shown in display manager and in Nvidia control panel.

I used to have a GTX 970 but I sold it for 300$ a while ago and I had to change the second monitor to strictly use the VGA adapter or some such for dual monitors to work. I am not sure how to undo that.

Any help would be great.

DeltaTaco

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016
A few things to try, just to see if it's a software or hardware issue. Switch the working input cable (DVI) to the non-working monitor, and see if it displays. If it doesn't its a monitor issue. Also try hooking another HDMI device like an Xbox or something to the HDMI port on the non-working monitor to see if it's maybe a bad HDMI port. Another thing is try another HDMI cable, yours may have gone bad.

One more thing to check, even though it seems really simple, is check to make sure you're on the right input. Make sure the monitor is set to HDMI and not whatever the other input on the monitor is.