New pc can't boot to win 10 install disc

Vch182

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Hi, I just bought a brand new pc, it has never had an operating system and I am trying to load windows 10 home edition on the solid state drive I have installed. I can't get the pc to boot to the Windows 10 dvd. Pc specs are as follows. Motherboard : asrock 970 extreme3-r2.0, cpu: amd fx 6300, 2 x Kingston hyperx 8gb @1866mhz, msi GeForce gt970 4gb oc ed, Ssd is made by kingston. Can anyone please help me with this?

Solution

Microsoft says "While in UEFI mode, the Windows version must match the PC architecture. A 64-bit UEFI PC can only boot 64-bit versions of Windows. A 32-bit PC can only boot 32-bit versions of Windows. In some cases, while in legacy BIOS mode, you may be able to run 32-bit Windows on a 64-bit PC, assuming the...

herolion

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

Microsoft says "While in UEFI mode, the Windows version must match the PC architecture. A 64-bit UEFI PC can only boot 64-bit versions of Windows. A 32-bit PC can only boot 32-bit versions of Windows. In some cases, while in legacy BIOS mode, you may be able to run 32-bit Windows on a 64-bit PC, assuming the manufacturer supports 32-bit legacy BIOS mode on the PC.".For more information about UEFI, please refer to the following link:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824898.aspx

As far as I know, the asrock 970 extreme3-r2.0 is a 64-bit UEFI based Motherboard, so if you decide to install Windows 10 in UEFI mode, you'll need to install Windows 10 64-bit.

If you are still unable to boot with DVD, then I would suggest that you create a Windows installation USB to install Windows. You can use WinToUSB or some other tool to create Windows installation USB. For more information about creating a Windows installation USB, please refer to the following link:
How to create a Windows installation USB flash drive with BIOS and UEFI support?

Solution