Fail to setting up my second monitor

anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hi yesterday i bought myself a new IPS LED monitor which has DVI,VGA and HDMI ports and i decided to use HDMI port for this new monitor. I tried to sell my previous 20" acer monitor (i dont remember its name. bought it around 5/7 years ago). It only have VGA port with it. I tried to connect it to my graphic card with a DVI-D dual link adapter and it shows "cable not connect" i thought the adapter is broken so i decided to buy a new same with difference manufacturer one but it shows no difference. i tried to connect the cable to my laptop without the adapter and it work but when i tried with the adapter it wont work so i dont think it have anything to do with the cable.(i even tried with 3 different cables and still doesnt work with the adapter.) Last time i had different VGA>DVI adapter but not sure if its dual link or single link and it work. sold the adapter with my other previous TN monitor(bought and sold this monitor around Apirl/May 2016). Am I using wrong type of adapter or the adapter itself is broken? bought 2 of them from the same shop and both of them didnt work

Currently using :
-Leadtek gtx 960 hurricane
-Windows 10

anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

its have DVI-D port. i bought a converter noops dvi 24+1 M to vga F just now and it doesnt work. i dont know why.

anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

i bought 1 converter just now and it still doesnt work for me. any other suggestion?

anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011