Urgent questions for the PS4

FenrirHS

Honorable
Feb 3, 2015
Disclaimer: I'm really unfamiliar with the community here regarding topics other than PC gaming and I'm generally scared to ask these questions just because I expect answers like "buy a pc then lel". This is not what I've come for. I came for direct answers to questions I couldn't find the answers to on the FAQs

Backstory: I'm 15 and my mother's recently started working in a different town, so she has rented a house to stay in most of the time when she is too tired to come home from work. I usually come in there every weekend, but she wants me to stay there for a week or so once or twice a month. I can't take my "leet" gaming PC there because of its size and I've generally found myself using it less and less for "serious gaming" and more for video editing, 3D Modelling, and playing sports games (mainly FIFA). Now sports games on PC suck (no offense to the lazy guys who do the PC ports) and carrying around a PC twice a month on a 100km drive is a nightmare. So I decided I want a console, mainly the PS4 since I think PS Plus is better than Xbox Live Gold.

The Actual Questions:
Are the PS4 CUH-1200 models more costly than the older ones?

I'm planning to buy a 500GB version. Are there any serious problems if I change my HDD (and install the firmware through USB)?

Will the PS4 Slim and PS4 Neo be viable upgrades for someone who's going to be playing on a 32" and a 24" Full HD (1080p) TV?

Can Playstation Plus be paid by debit card like any other monthly subscription?

Is the older PS4 (CUH-1000; CUH-1100) as loud and hot as people say it is?

Is Playstation Plus and its features (mainly Online Play) impossible to have in some countries? Is it available in Bulgaria and/or where can I look up the list of supported countries?

I often hear people say how console games are so much more pricey. Is that really true? Because the main argument I see is "Steam Sales" ... Aren't there big console game sales too?

Thanks for sticking around and reading this whole block of text and for possibly answering these possibly stupid questions, have a nice day!

Solution
Well I'll try to answer a few of your questions first the PS4 Slim and PS4 Neo spec have not even been announced though it will probably be an upgrade to the standard "old" PS4. I would expect both to had HDMI 2.0 standard with the 2.2 hdcp. I would also think they would support HDR playback (though some HDR standards are software based so it maybe patched into standard version).

Also should be no issues with upgrading he hard drive one thing to note is the PS4 is optimized for slower HD so buying a SSD doesn't help and just a waste better to get more storage.

Also see the link below for payment plans...

ikaz

Distinguished
Well I'll try to answer a few of your questions first the PS4 Slim and PS4 Neo spec have not even been announced though it will probably be an upgrade to the standard "old" PS4. I would expect both to had HDMI 2.0 standard with the 2.2 hdcp. I would also think they would support HDR playback (though some HDR standards are software based so it maybe patched into standard version).

Also should be no issues with upgrading he hard drive one thing to note is the PS4 is optimized for slower HD so buying a SSD doesn't help and just a waste better to get more storage.

Also see the link below for payment plans.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ae/get-help/help-library/playstation-plus/information---benefits/playstation-plus-prices-and-payment-options/

On a side note and OMHI: of all the reason to choose a PS4 over an Xbox the last reason is for PS Plus as most people including my self believe live to be better unless you own multiple sony devices. I have both live and plus, but that is because I also have a Vita and Ps3 but I still find my self playing more of the live the games.

Also just so you know now all games published by MS that are bought digitally you will be able to play on your PC and Xbox and you only have to buy it once. So you buy say the next Gears of wars game for your PC (and buy it through MS) you would get the game free on your Xbox one. It just something to think about.

And yes new games do cost more consoles though both plus and live have sales, while no where as good as steam there enough games for around 10 that are good deals as long as your ok with playing older games (normally 6 months to a year after they come out).

Solution