Hi everyone,I'm having a problem with my lg 4K 27 inch monitor where it's turning on but the screen is just black, and then

Solution
Try using a few different video cables before returning. By default, some will use a VGA or DVI cable to initiate the start up. Most monitors should just be HDMI ready and go, but I would check first to see if it's not just a simple legacy error.

Matthew_123

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Sorry I kinda messed up the format, my monitor responds to my computer and turns on but then it has just a black screen, not even backlit, and then a couple seconds later it turns off.

Is it a brand new monitor? Do you mean it powers on, but then goes to standby w/ light orange or blinking? You might want to try a "factory reset" in the monitor OSD. If that doesn't work, I'd try another output on your GPU, such as DisplayPort, HDMI, or DVI-D. Is this your only monitor? Also, you system specs may help to find an answer.

Matthew_123

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Yea I bought it a month ago and it was working last night. This monitor just has a light but it turns on like it normally does but the screen just does nothing. I tried another monitor and it works fine, and I tried a bunch of different ports too, I'm almost certain it's just a monitor problem because my computer detects it as a monitor if I plug it in. It's the lg 27ud68-w and I'm running a i7-4790k and a Msi gtx 960

plastic chicken

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
Try using a few different video cables before returning. By default, some will use a VGA or DVI cable to initiate the start up. Most monitors should just be HDMI ready and go, but I would check first to see if it's not just a simple legacy error.

Solution

Stunmac

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
Hello i know this is an old replly but i just bought this same monitor and after switching from the Display port connnecting to a "Better" DP this same thing happend.

The solution was to unplug every single cable/USB/Connection from my computer, let it rest for a minute then woala, the screen worked.