Windows 10 WHEA error on newer PC, please help need help fixing

Farge34

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
Hello,

I had a PC built by a friend for gaming and design about 1.5 years ago with new and pretty current components. I know enough about operating a PC when it is working, but actual troubleshooting is not my strong suit.

Awhile back when I had windows 7 my PC would get the BSOD all the time seemingly due to reheating. I reset the ram (2x 8gb) by removing and placing in new slots. Seemed to work just fine until recently I upgraded to windows 10 while I could still do so for free.

Since I have done that I frequently get the WHEA_unrecoverable error. Usually while playing games.

Can anyone please help me and walk me through the process of troubleshooting.

I have tried rolling back driver on Radeon 290x GFX card but when I do so second monitor does not work. Also tried resetting RAM again.

Thank you, and please don't be afraid of offending me by keeping it simplified. I know enough, but will need walked through this to some extent.

Thank you in advance.

Farge34

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016

Sorry for the delayed response, but here it is

Processor/Mobo: Intel Core i7-4790K
Video: AMD Radeon R290x
Hard Drive: WD 1 TB and 128gb SSD

On Fri 7/15/2016 5:22:56 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071516-8531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xCF)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE00045AB4028, 0xBE000000, 0x100110A)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 7/15/2016 5:22:56 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xCF)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE00045AB4028, 0xBE000000, 0x100110A)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 7/10/2016 5:23:47 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071016-8109-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE0012BEB4028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)

On Sat 7/9/2016 8:12:47 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070916-7859-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE000A62B4028, 0xBE000000, 0x100110A)

On Tue 7/5/2016 11:50:03 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070516-7671-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE000BDD04028, 0xBE000000, 0x100110A)

On Mon 7/4/2016 3:10:16 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070416-7656-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE00039AB4028, 0xBE000000, 0x100110A)

On Sat 7/2/2016 1:11:07 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\070116-8515-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE000174B4028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)

Colif

Win 11 Master
The description mentions thermal errors, CPU is likely to be overheating so I would clean CPU heat sink and all the case fans in PC if you haven't recently. Its summer there, PC will get hotter, and dust doesn't help.

can you also follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then this choice below it: Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

this will create a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to your documents and then upload the copy to a cloud server and share the link here.

Whocrashed is a start as it gives a summary but the minidump will tell us a whole lot more

Farge34

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016

I am so sorry. I never got a notifcation that you responded, but thank you for doing so.

The link you supplied unfortunately takes me to a blank page, can you please retry?

Also when cleaning the Heat Sink, I have paste/gel on there. What tips do you have when cleaning, inclduing preventing static build up, since will not be doing inside PC itself? Any ways to clean remainder of PC and do all at once?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Here is the link you requested: Link

As for cleaning heatsink, I have never done it myself... this might help: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Clean-Laptop-Fan-and-Apply-Thermal-Paste-on/

All the videos are old but I think the advice still holds

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzoA-VdViZI"][/video]