Factory Reset , Need help

Dachi_

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Hello Guys, i need your help , so few months ago i upgraded to windows 10, then i wanted to downgrade to windows 8.1 , there was option ,get back to windows 8.1 , i did that but when pc turned on , windows was corrupted it was all black screen , somehow i managed to open taskmanager then run and go to windows update and update to win 10 again , now i want to downgrade to windows 8.1 but that option is gone , + i would not use it ,but in recovery options , Restore Factory Settings , and it says that it will install windows that come to this PC , so it means that it will install my old 8.1 right ? and will it have problem like it as on downgrade, cuz downgrade is different its just downgrading and this will delete everything and install 8.1 , and should i do it ? i mean will i have some problem doing that ? i hope not , pls answer .

Solution
i can only say what MS says happens and what others have reported. not done it myself so can't be 100% on anything.

all you can do is try. if it don't work, then go back to win 10 again. if it does, then you're good to go. but the key is supposed to be taken away with the upgrade after 30 days and not having the "go back" option tells me this time is up

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the factory restore would put back what came with the pc. so win 8 in this case. however, this does not mean it will activate. part of the free upgrade to win 10 was giving up your win 8 key. so it is possible it would install win 8 again but not let it activate.

you won't know until you try it but i'm pretty sure you won't get win 8 back and are stuck with win 10.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i can only say what MS says happens and what others have reported. not done it myself so can't be 100% on anything.

all you can do is try. if it don't work, then go back to win 10 again. if it does, then you're good to go. but the key is supposed to be taken away with the upgrade after 30 days and not having the "go back" option tells me this time is up

Solution